The GB Boxing World Class Programme (WCP), based in Sheffield, is responsible for delivering medal winning performance at the Olympic Games. Funded by UK Sport, the WCP works with the best boxers from England, Scotland and Wales in the delivery of a performance programme aimed at generating success at major international competition. The last decade has seen an era of unprecedented success for British Boxers, and our ambition is to continue to perform to the very highest standards.
The independent Chair will lead the Board that governs GB Boxing in the delivery of its vision, strategy and operational plans. The Board will represent and champion boxing at the highest level in terms of advocacy with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong passion for elite sport and boxing.
- Demonstrate strong business and organisational acumen.
- Demonstrate by actions a thorough understanding of good governance.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the board effectively, and collegiately work with stakeholders in the best interests of the organisation and sport.
- Have the ability to influence across the sporting landscape at a national and international level.
The role of independent chair is critical in managing the board and overseeing the senior executive staff of GB Boxing as well as developing strategy and supporting the work of GB Boxing and the World Class Performance Programme amongst key stakeholders.
For detailed information please see the Job Description: CLICK HERE.
How to apply:
Please complete CV and covering letter, detailing all previous experience in a high performance or other similar environment and return to HR@gbboxing.org.uk
Deadline for application: 23rdJuly 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 9thAugust 2021
The British Amateur Boxing Association believes in fairness and equity and values diversity in all its dealings, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.