GB Boxing is to recruit an Independent Director
The GB Boxing World Class Performance Programme, based in Sheffield, continues to develop following the successes at the last three Olympic Games.
The independent Director will part of a Board that will manage GB Boxing in the development of a vision, strategy and policies in collaboration with the CEO. The Board will represent and champion boxing at the highest level in terms of advocacy with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for elite sport and boxing;
- Demonstrate strong business/organisational acumen
- Demonstrate by actions a thorough understanding of good governance;
- Demonstrate the ability to act collegiately and work with stakeholders in the best interests of the organisation;
- Have the ability to influence across the sporting landscape at a local and international level.
In particular, we are looking for a candidate who has had experience and success at the highest level in elite sport, and who has an understanding of elite performance, especially within the GB landscape.
The role of independent director is critical in developing strategy and supporting the work of GB Boxing and the World Class Performance Programme.
For detailed information please see Job Description: Click here.
How to apply:
Complete CV and covering letter, detailing all previous experience in a high performance or other similar environment and return to HR@gbboxing.org.uk
Deadline for application: 27thNovember 2020
The British Amateur Boxing Association believes in fairness and equity and values diversity in all its dealings, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.