GB Boxing World Class Programme Coach
Organisation – GB Boxing (BABA)
Location – EIS Sheffield (includes UK and overseas travel)
Contract type – Permanent (Full time)
Key Relationships – Performance Director, Elite Programme Manager, Performance Pathway Manager, GB Boxing World Class Programme Coaches and Performance Coaches.
Salary – based on experience and qualifications
Closing date for applications – Friday 12th May 2017
GB Boxing believes that coaching will play a critical role to achieving the vision of becoming the leading Olympic boxing nation. It is also a central component of GB Boxing’s mission: To Maintain and enhance the world’s best performance system to enable each GB Boxer the very best opportunity to achieve his or her full potential.
GB Boxing are seeking to appoint a full time World Class Programme Coach to join the established world class coaching team and deliver ongoing success and performance for Tokyo 2020 and beyond. The role will work across the GB Boxing coaching programme which will include Podium, Podium Potential, Women’s SMART Plan and Emerging Talent. The successful candidate will be required to build and maintain effective relationships and communication with other coaches and support staff, which are critical factors in developing and progressing a coaching team approach. The below information offers an insight into the type of coach, operator and person GB Boxing are looking for.
The Coach (Coaching)
- Experience of developing talented boxers (female and male) at a fast rate and support the transition from potential to world class performance.
- Ability to co-create an effective learning environment for boxers to learn and progress to the GB Podium Programme.
- Have a clear understanding of the development needs of the boxer, athlete & person.
- Deliver effective coaching practice which supports and promotes the GB Boxing coaching philosophy.
- Insight and experience of international competition and managing GB and overseas training camps.
- Experience of talent identification and coach observation selection.
- Skill set to provide effective performance briefs and be able to deliver clear and honest feedback on performance.
- Credibility, experience and insight as an international coach within boxing.
- Ability to build rapport, trust and focus with all the boxers within the programme.
The Coach (Operator)
- Understanding of individual boxer development plans and principles and have experience of implementing, delivering and reviewing coaching programmes.
- Part of a coaching team which plans, delivers and reviews development / performance.
- Ability to work within a coaching team and working in partnership with sport science support and administration staff.
- Create, build and maintain effective relationships with external partners that will support GB Boxing (e.g. Home Nations, National Coaches, Clubs, and Education Sector).
- Able to be adaptable and make decisions as an individual and within a team.
- Computer literate with excellent presentation skills.
- Communicate effectively within a complex and high performance / pressure environment.
The Coach (Person)
- A passion for developing people and a fundamental enthusiasm for coaching and boxing.
- High levels of self-awareness, emotional awareness and the ability to reflect.
- Open to learning opportunities and the potential to become a World Class Coach with GB Boxing.
- Clear set of coaching values which forms and guides coaching practice which needs to include a fundamental understanding and respect of athlete welfare.
- Support a progressive, learning and open culture.
- Support a performance culture which underpinned by clear values and beliefs that support and develop others.
- Up hold a professional and appropriate attitude and act as a role model for others to follow.
- The ability to be respectfully curious and has an inner drive to seek progressive ways to evolve coaching and boxer development / performance.
If you think and believe you are able to meet the challenge of this coaching role please send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role by 5pm on the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from GB Boxing within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Due to expected levels of interest GB Boxing maybe not be in a position to provide feedback if your application is unsuccessful.