The GB Boxing World Class Performance Programme, based in Sheffield, continues to develop following another medal haul at Rio 2016. The GB Boxing Elite Performance Manager is a senior appointment and will be a member of a well-established and experienced coaching and support team working to produce the world’s best boxers, based in Sheffield. The Elite Performance Manager will be a key player in the delivery of the GB Boxing World Class Performance Programme, fulfilling a number of key roles:
- To support the GB Boxing Performance Director in building a programme of domestic and international training and competition for the World Class Programme athletes designed to accelerate the development of the Podium and Podium Potential boxers;
- To develop and drive the “What it Takes to Win” model in boxing within the WCPP;
- To strategically manage the Individual Athlete Planning process for all Podium athletes, bringing a co-ordinated approach across the programme to boxer development;
- To build and manage performance processes and systems that underpin the management of athletes and the WCPP;
- To support the Performance Director and Chief Executive in creating a medal winning culture of excellence across the programme.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in elite sport and managing projects and teams of people;
- Highly developed managerial, administration and communication skills as well as the ability to plan, develop and implement strategy, working with complex stakeholder groups;
- Demonstrated success working within an elite sport environment;
- A passion for elite sport and boxing.
This role will play a critical role in further developing the World Class Programme based in Sheffield and building stronger foundations and an increased and higher quality pool of boxers with the ability to achieve at the highest level across Olympic weight categories for men and women.
How to apply:
Complete CV and covering letter, detailing all previous experience in a high performance or other similar environment and return to HR@gbboxing.org.uk
Deadline for application: 28th November 2016
BABA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
The British Amateur Boxing Association is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.