The GB Boxing World Class Performance Programme, based in Sheffield, continues to develop following the success of London 2012.
The Independent Directors will be part of a Board that will provide a critical governance role in the oversight of the management of GB Boxing and the World Class Performance Programme. The Board will work with the CEO to determine and guide the vision and strategy for the organisation. The Board will represent and champion boxing at the highest level in terms of advocacy with relevant politicians, civil servants, key partners in UK Sport and all aspects of the media.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for elite sport and boxing;
- Demonstrate strong business/organisational acumen;
- Demonstrate by actions a thorough understanding of good governance;
- Demonstrate the ability to act collegiately and work with stakeholders in the best interests of the organisation;
- Have the ability to influence across the sporting landscape at a local and international level.
In particular, we are looking for candidates who have the expertise and experience at the highest level in the following areas:
- Qualified Accountant/Financial Director
- Qualified lawyer
- One or more of Commercial/Sponsorship/PR & Media/Event Management & Promotions
The role of Independent Director is critical in developing strategy and supporting the work of GB Boxing and the World Class Performance Programme.
How to apply:
Complete CV and covering letter, detailing all previous experience in a high performance or other similar environment and return to HR@gbboxing.org.uk
Deadline for application: 2nd January 2017
BABA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
British Amateur Boxing Association is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.